Making sushi at home is surprisingly easy. Through this recipe, sushi is made not complicated because it is intended for those of you who are still beginners in making sushi rolls. With a little practice, you will be better at making the best sushi for beginners. This recipe will focus on making California Rolls with rice for sushi, with seaweed, crab meat, avocado, and cucumber. If you like it creamy, you can mix crab meat with mayonnaise.
Here are 8 steps you can do to make homemade sushi:
1. Place the seaweed on the plastic-coated makisu. Paste the seaweed paper neatly.
2. Put the rice on top of the seaweed or nori, making sure not too much rice. Usually, it only takes about 1 small cup of rice to spread evenly over the nori.
3. Use your fingers to press the rice over the nori until it is completely stuck
4. Put several protein ingredients that have been cooked such as crab, small slices of avocado, carrots in the middle of the rice. Make sure all the ingredients are neatly arranged on the middle side, and leaning towards the side you are going to roll first.
5. Before rolling, press the ingredients on top of the rice again until they stick. This step is important to ensure that the sushi dough doesn’t crumble and fall apart when rolled
6. Next, roll the nori with the makisu from one side to the other. Apply with cold water to tighten the skin between the nori. Make sure you don’t use too much water and don’t roll the sushi dough too fast and hard. If it’s still not good, you don’t need to be discouraged and make it a moment to practice rolling sushi.
7. If the dough is well rolled, cut the sushi roll into 6 pieces. To ensure that the pieces between the sushi do not fall apart after each cut, you should clean your knives.
8. Sushi that has been cut is ready to be arranged on your plate. Enjoy this California Rolls sushi with wasabi, ginger, and chili powder to add a savory taste to the sushi.